Friday, October 17, 2008

Foodie Fridays Launch: Pumpkin Passion #1


Today I'm launching my new meme, Foodie Fridays, where I will be showcasing food related topics. I'll try not to stray too far away from diversity, but food is one of my passions (eating is actually my favorite pastime), so I feel obligated to devote special time to it. My goal is to post something food related every Friday. Wish me luck! Here's the first installment:

Ode to Pumpkin......
My favorite fall friend
I am a fiend for your fabulously flavored food
IHOP's Pumpkin Pancakes.............
My lips passionately part with every pleasurable piece
Starbucks's Pumpkin Spiced Latte..............
Lingering on my palette all day after I drink
The Cheesecake Factory's Pumpkin Cheesecake..........
Chilling, yet charming so rich it's alarming
How I love thee oh pumpkin.........
Let me count the ways!


As you can tell, I have quite an unhealthy obsession with pumpkin food. I blame my mother for always making me the yummiest homemade pumpkin bread as a child (and also now as an adult). She's actually coming to visit today, and I'm secretly praying that she smuggled some of her famous bread onto the plane. I'm convinced this addiction began in the womb.

If you are not enjoying the pumpkin flavors of the fall, I urge you to go out and sample a few. The places I mentioned in my ode are great locations to start your journey into Pumpkin Paradise. Please feel free to share any tasty pumpkin recipes or foodie finds. I would love to indulge! Fellow foodies unite!

2 comments:

CG said...

Not quite as passionate about pumpkin as you but you enthusiasm could make me at least want to try these. Okay...maybe not but someone else might! Great tasty post!

Anonymous said...

Panera's has the best pumpkin muffins and muffies (muffin tops).
They are about as close to mine as you can get.