Sunday, June 8, 2008

What is diversity?

According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, diversity is the condition of being composed of distinct forms or qualities. Well, that doesn't say much! Yet, more and more we keep hearing this word........diversity. It's the new buzz word for corporate America, but what does it really mean to you and for us as a country? In my opinion, the United States is the poster child for diversity. Diversity is not something that is practiced or believed--it just IS. It exists whether people like it or not. It can't be controlled by anyone or anything. If something is diverse, it's different. How do we deal with things being more different than they are alike? I realize that as human beings we are much more alike than we are different, but what about everything else. I want to know............what is diversity to you and how is it affecting our country?

Kelly

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree that Diversity is the new buzz word. I also think it is thrown around too loosely and the true meaning gets lost. Everybody has Diversity Programs and Diversity Initiatives without really knowing what that means...or what it is supposed to mean. It just looks good when a corporation or a school system has "Diversity" somewhere on their website. Thank you for sheding some light on the true meaning and I look forward to reading more from you!

Road2Freedom said...

Hi there kelly. I am currently creating a website, and I hear you are the number one person to contact to have my site written well. Please contact me ASAP to talk about this in more detail.
Sakina
sakinamckenzie@yahoo.com